Georgia Special Needs Scholarship
Benefits of the Scholarship
- Can switch to a school that matches your child’s needs
- Financial assistance provided for private schools
- Can transfer to a public school inside or outside of your local school system
- IEP does not need to be kept current to keep scholarship
What to Watch Out For
- Scholarships don’t always cover the full tuition costs
- Parents must provide transportation
- Not every private school participates
- Private schools do not have to follow the IEP once your child is enrolled
- Pre-K students do not qualify
Georgia Department of Education- Special Needs Scholarship Program – Blog post that goes over the general reasons for a transfer and how to be prepared for one.
Special Needs Scholarship Program's Scholarship Calculator – Calculator created by the Georgia Department of Education to determine a student’s eligibility for a special needs scholarship.
Georgia Special Needs Scholarship Program Authorized Participating Private Schools List – Comprehensive list of private schools in Georgia participating in the Special Needs Scholarship Program.
GA DOE SB10 FAQ for Parents – Extensive FAQ about the Georgia Special Needs Program. Answers FAQ’s regarding public and private schools as well general program requirements.