Tax Credit Scholarships
The Georgia Tax Credit Scholarship Program provides eligible Georgia families scholarships for their children to attend private schools.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- Scholarships help make private schools more affordable for families in need
- Financial assistance can range up to $9,817
- GA Tax Credit Scholarships can be combined with GA Special Needs (SB10) Program Scholarships
What to Watch Out For
- Availability of scholarships often vary from year to year depending on the school
- Difficult to navigate the process
- Different application process for participating schools
But don't worry – that's what we're here for!
Georgia Department of Education-Tax Credit Program – List of SSOs and scholarship information about the Georgia Tax Credit Program.
GOAL Scholarship Program – A popular SSO with a great school list.
Arete Scholars – Great resource for parents because their scholarship can be applied to any private school the parent prefers and they continue to get the same financial support throughout their student's enrollment in a private school. Scholarships are based on need.
Georgia DOE: Private School Tax Credit for Donations to Student Scholarship Organizations – In-depth article on what an SSO is, links to a few, and how donations to SSO’s work.